RECIPE REVISION: Nadia Sawalha’s Splenda Fragrant spiced chicken
Our sincere apologies, it has been brought to our attention that the ingredients for this recipe have been printed incorrectly. Please find the revised recipe below.
SPLENDA® Sugar Alternative has a great sugar-like taste but a fraction of the calories of sugar per serving. SPLENDA® has teamed up with healthy cooking guru Nadia Sawalha to offer recipes and tips on the small steps you can take to reach your healthy eating goals and kick-start a better, new you. Find out more at www.SPLENDA® .co.uk
3 large carrots
½ large cucumber
1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
½ tsp. salt
2tbsp Splenda Granulated
3 sprigs fresh mint – leaves only, shredded
2 cloves garlic – peeled and crushed
11/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 lime, zest and juice
1 tbsp sunflower oil
4 chicken breasts – butterflied
- Preheat a griddle and keep it hot until ready to use.
- Peel the carrots then use the peeler to shave the carrot in to ribbons. Shave the cucumber, too, but make sure to discard the middle seeds. Place both in to a bowl with the shallot, adding the salt, Splenda Granulated and mint leaves. Stir well and set aside.
- Stir together the garlic, cumin, lime, turmeric and oil and rub over the chicken. Place the chicken carefully on to the griddle, probably 2 at a time and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Make sure that you leave the chicken to seal for a few minutes before touching.
- Drain off the vinegar marinade from the carrot then serve the salad with the chicken. All you may need is a handful of punchy salad greens.
– Use tofu instead of chicken for a vegetarian option.
– Roll the lime between the palms of your hands to release as much juice as possible.