Recipe: Homestyle Lamb Biryani
Lamb Biryani, Homestyle
400g Lamb diced
400g Basmati Rice, washed and drained
2 Onions chopped finely
2 Gloves Garlic crushed
Small piece of Ginger crushed
3-4 bay leaves
2-3 cinnamon sticks
1-2 Star aniseed
1 Tb spn salt
2-3 Tb spn of vegetable ghee
½ t spn haldi powder
1 Tb spn mixed curry powder
- In a heated saucepan melt the vegetable Ghee
- To the hot melted ghee add the garlic and ginger and cook till brown
- To the saucepan add the onions, meat, salt, bay leaves, cinnamon and haldi powder, let all these cook together on medium heat , stirring from time to time until the onions have caramelised.
- Sprinkle the mixed curry powder over the ingredients and cook on a low heat and let the spices work into the meat slowly. Add a little water to prevent the mixture catching to the saucepan
- Stir in the star aniseed and rice, let the mixture cook stirring from time to time
- The mixture is ready for the water enough to cover the mixture complete and more. Stir all the ingredients together so there is an even distribution of the water, to allow the rice to cook on medium heat.
- Once the rice has absorbed a lot of the water put heat right down and let it cook for about 5 minutes
- Sprinkle with coriander
- Serve with a side salad and a spicy pickle!!