RECIPE: CLASSIC BRINDIAN CHICKEN JALFREZI
“Chicken Jalfrezi is one of the easiest curries to make” The Curry Guy tells us.
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion thinly sliced
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon ginger – cut into match sticks
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
4 green chili peppers – finely chopped
1 teaspoon red chili powder
2 tablespoons tomato puree
5 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
1 tablespoon mango chutney
1 small bunch chopped coriander leaves
400ml curry sauce – See my recipe here
salt and pepper to taste
- In a small pan over medium heat, warm the curry gravy and set aside
- Now pour the vegetable oil into a large pan or wok.
- Throw in the sliced onion, bell pepper and green chili peppers and fry until they are just cooked through and soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger, tomato puree, cumin powder, fenugreek and mango chutney and stir to combine.
- In goes the chicken pieces and heated curry sauce.
- Stir and then sprinkle with the coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper.