Kick start your detox with Beef in Oyster sauce from Wing Yip
Wing Yip’s Beef and Broccoli in Oyster Sauce is a perfect choice for a healthy dinner during a January detox. The broccoli in the dish is super nutrient rich, while protein packed beef is a great source of vitamin B.
Wing Yip is the UK’s largest oriental supermarket chain, bringing authentic Oriental ingredients to British kitchens. From flavoursome Asian sauces and pastes to traditional rice noodles and Oriental teas, Wing Yip is a one-stop shop for authentic Pan-Asian cuisine
Beef and Broccoli in Oyster Sauce
340g beef steak (sirloin or fillet steak)
2tsp Wing Yip Light Soya Sauce
2tsp sesame oil
1tsp corn flour
284g broccoli (cut into florets and blanched)
Chaat Sponsor Product Suggestion from The East End Foods Range
2tsp minced ginger (or fresh)
75ml Wing Yip Oyster Sauce
2tbsp peanut oil
- Cut the beef thinly across the grain and season with light soya sauce, sesame oil and a little cornflour.
- Clean and blanch the broccoli florets.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok and fry the ginger and broccoli together. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Turn up the heat and add the beef in batches to seal the meat.
- Add the Oyster sauce and broccoli and stir well. If you prefer your beef pink, now is time to turn off the heat. Alternatively continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
Wing Yip has four superstores located in Birmingham, Cricklewood, Croydon and Manchester which stock more than 4,500 authentic Oriental groceries and products. Its online store www.wingyipstore.co.uk