GROW YOUR OWN CURRY SEASON TWO
This is the second year we invite primary schools to get involved in our “Grow Your Own Curry” campaign, along with help from our campaign partners, Chaat! Magazine, Sutton Seeds, East End Spices and Sweet Cherry Publishers. We also have celebrity chefs providing recipes for both schools and parents to cook up!
There can be nothing better than encouraging young people to enjoy gardening, and being able to use these fresh ingredients to cook their very own curry, either in school or at home! Global foods topic is encouraged by the primary schools educational curriculum.
For your school to get involved it is very simple, all you have to do is:
b Use as many of the Sutton Seeds we have included with this letter
b Put the poster up in your school to spread the message of the campaign
b If your school has a Website, Facebook or Twitter post #Growyourowncurry
Plus if you would like to get involved in our nationwide competition with the chance of being one of three schools to win £200 and for one pupil to win £25 worth of of reading books provided by Sweet Cherry Publishing then register your involvement by returning the slip or email to [email protected] by the 30 June 2017, then by the 15 July send us letters/drawings from your pupils telling us about your schools vegetable path and how much they have enjoyed taking part in the schools gardening club.
Terms and conditions
- Completed competition entry form must be returned by post or email
- ([email protected]) by the 30 JUNE 2017.
- All competition entrant schools must publically display #Growyourowncurry either on the schools website, Facebook or Twitter
- School can use Sutton Seeds or other seeds the school may already be using for the schools gardening club/activities.
- All schools sending in letters must make sure there is a clear covering letter stating the schools contact details and each letter is marked on the back with pupils name and class for traceability and letters to arrive by 15 July 2017, to the competition address below.
- 3 winning schools will be chosen by the merit of pupil’s letters emphasizing the enjoyment of their schools gardening club; to receive £200 worth of books from Sweet Cherry Publishing.
- No cash alternative will be offered in exchange for books. No alternative prize will be offered.
- Books will be delivered to the UK school address on the entrant form, date of delivery to be confirmed.
- One winning pupils from each winning school will be awarded a voucher for £25 where Sweet Cherry Publishing will deliver to the pupil via the school contact details, and gardening club organiser, books to the value of £25 from the publishers range for the age group.
- The decision of the British Curry Club and the campaign partners are final.
- Competition in partnership with all campaign partners.
- Entrants must be primary schools from the UK.
- Entrant forms and posters can be requested by contacting [email protected]
- All schools sending in letters from pupils must be primary age pupil and be UK residents.
- For details of the prize winner, please contact the competition owner [[email protected] or British Curry Club 6 Bute Crescent, Cardiff, CF10 5AN]