East End Foods – Bombay Style Chicken perfect for a #Halloween Treat
INGREDIENTS for the recipe www.store.eastendfoods.co.uk
8 Black Peppercorns
2″ Cinnamon Stick
5 Green Cardamom Pods
1 Large Onion (Finely Chopped)
3 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
1tsp Minced Ginger
1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
0.5 cup Plain Natural Yoghurt
1 cup Water
0.5 tsp East End Chilli Powder
1tsp East End Cumin Powder
Fresh Coriander (Finely Chopped) to garnish
1. Combine the whole spices i.e.) peppercorn, cinnamon, cardamom in a blender and blend them into a fine powder.
2. In a frying pan with some oil on a medium heat, fry the onions, ginger and garlic until soft and lightly brown.
3. Once the onions have softened add the spices both the blend and other spices.
4. Add the diced chicken and mix the ingredients together until the spices have coated the mixture and the chicken is sealed.
5. Now add the tomatoes, water and lemon juice, cover and leave to simmer on a low to medium heat for 20 minutes. The sauce will have reduced and thickened a little.
6. Stir in the yoghurt and allow cooking for a further ten minutes until you have a thick and rich sauce.
7. Sprinkle with chopped Coriander leaves and serve with East End Royal Basmati Rice or Naan Bread.