#Diwali2017 Pineapple Ladoo Recipe
Diwali is a time for sharing with friends and family. #HappyDiwali
These Pineapple Laddoo’s are the perfect sweet treat for Diwali. I use canned pineapple rather than fresh as it’s a simple yet convenient ingredient which is bursting with fruity flavour. Easy recipe!
- 1 x 415g can Del Monte Pineapple Chunks in Juice
- 1 tbsp ghee (or butter)
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 125g milk powder
- 80g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- Place a can of drained Del Monte® pineapple chunks into a food processor. Mix until smooth and reduced to a paste.
- Over a medium-low heat, heat the ghee or butter. When melted, add the pineapple puree and cook for 1-2 minutes, making sure you do not burn the puree.
- Slowly add the sugar and desiccated coconut and sugar. Mix well and cook for a further 2 minutes, making sure it’s on a low heat.
- Add milk powder, cardamom powder and ground almonds to the mixture and continue to stir.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until the mixture becomes thick. Transfer into a bowl and allow to cool in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Now it’s time to make your laddoos! Using your hands, roll the mixture into small golf-sized balls.
- Roll into a little desiccated coconut for decoration get them ready to serve at your Diwali celebrations!
NB: You can even make these laddoos in advance and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
‘This recipe has been created by The Petite Cook to celebrate Diwali with Del Monte. https://www.thepetitecook.com/’