Celebrate 18th National Curry Week with East End Foods
TO KICK OFF THE 18TH NATIONAL CURRY WEEK WE HAVE A RECIPE FROM EAST END FOODS, LAMB ROGANJOSH IS A FAVOURITE ORDER IN RESTAURANTS ACROSS THE UK! tHIS DISH CAN ONLY ADD TO THE CELEBRATIONS THIS WEEK!
500g lamb shoulder
250g sliced onions
6 East End garlic cloves, crushed
6″ piece of ginger
2 tsps East End kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 cup yoghurt
1 level tsp East End coriander powder
1/2 level tsp East End fennel powder
1/2 level tsp East End dry ginger powder
2 black cardamom
2 bay leaf
4 green cardamom
salt to taste
4 tbsps East End oil
- Boil meat along with crushed garlic, ginger and some salt.
- Remove the meat and keep aside. Save the stock for the gravy.
- Heat oil in a pan and sliced onions.
- Cook till golden brown in colour.
- Add whole garam masala and the remaining dry spices.
- Stir fry and cook for about 5 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and cook.
- Add the meat and sauté.
- Add yoghurt and cook on high flame for about 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and salt and cook till the meat is done and the gravy is thick.
More recipes and products can be found on the East End Foods website