Heart-Melting Makhani Curry
Still in the Valentine’s mood then try this saucy spicy number from Our Little Secret…
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
More recipes like this in Chaat! Subscribe Now
1 teaspoon sunflower oil
1 thickly sliced small onion
1/2 de-seeded and chopped green pepper
Our Little Secret Makhani sauce
1 crushed garlic clove
200g tinned chopped tomatoes
150g diced cooked chicken
150g boiled and diced potatoes
1 tablespoon mango chutney
Handful of chopped coriander
180g rice to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over a fairly high heat.
2. Place the rice in a saucepan and bring to the boil, then let it simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile cook the onion and pepper for 3-4 mins until starting to soften and brown slightly.
4. Stir in the Our Little Secret Makhani sauce and garlic, then cook for another 1-2 mins.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil and bubble for 5 mins.
6. Turn the heat down, stir in the chicken and potatoes, and cook for another 2-3 mins, then season and add the mango chutney.
7. Drain and serve the rice.
8. Scatter the curry with coriander and serve with the rice.
Chicken curry recipe